Vegetable Art Contest
Saturday, August 8
The Two Twelve Art Center is proud to sponsor this creative contest
Location: between Cobblestone Rose and the Old Methodist Church on the
grassy area, South Ann Arbor Street in Downtown Saline.
9 am - 11 am: Registration and Drop-Off
11 am - 12 noon: Judging
12 noon: Awards
12 noon - 5 pm: Display of Entries
4 pm -5 pm: Pick-up of Art
5 pm: Disposal
Age Groups: 10 and Under / 11-17 / Adult / Group
Awards: Prizes will be awarded for the top three participants in each age category. Prize winners will receive gift certificates from local merchants and a vegetable art pin designed by artists from the Two Twelve Arts Center.
- Create an “art” object from fresh vegetables and fruits ONLY.
- Art work must be comprised of 100% plant products. (Exception: toothpicks or cream cheese for structural support are permitted.
- Carving, shaping, painting, etching, or sculpting may be utilized in creating the art project.
- Any child or adult may compete.
- Art must be prepared and created by the exhibitor.
- Art project must fit on a 12”x12” firm board.
- All entries must be received at the registration table no later than 11 am.
- Prizes will be awarded at 12:00 pm and will be left on display until 4 pm. Artists may pick up their work from 4 pm to 5 pm. Two Twelve Arts Center will dispose of any art left after 5 pm.
- Judges reserve the right to accept or refuse any entry. All decisions of the judging panel are final. Any entry may be photographed and the entrant’s story published.
- To see examples of vegetable art visit www.twotwelvearts.org
- Refer any questions to email@example.com
Two Twelve Arts Center
212 West Michigan Avenue
Saline, Michigan 48176
Previous year's prize winning vegetable art entry from Two Twelve.